Friday, January 3, 2014

Esmae Browder---Literotica Author and One Spicy Lady

I'd like to introduce you to Esmae Browder! She is going to be doing a new Friday blog post every week related to the world of romance writing. I met Esmae a while back and she totally makes me laugh with her insights into the world of writing. Welcome, Esmae!---Mary Ann

O-la-la! I'm thrilled to be here at All Things Writing! I've been stalking the place for a while before I finally decided to take a chance and contact Mary Ann about becoming a regular contributor. One of the things I like about All Things is their willingness to post about all areas of writing. I was particularly drawn to The Nora Formula.

I hope, darling readers, you are ready for my area of expertise--Literotica.

Yes. Literotica! In case you are confused, that's a combo of literary and erotica thrown together. If you are at all familiar with titles like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or Sense and Sensibility with Sea Monsters, then you are on to my style. I like to mash up a few literary classics but add a little erotic twist.

My current series is called Naughty Shakespeare. Oh, how I do love the Bard! And since he never wrote very "fleshed out" women, I was inspired to help readers develop a better understanding of some of his most debated about female characters. But more on that in a separate post!

A few details about me:

I am married to a man named Ralph. It's not the most exciting of names, but don't let it fool you. Ralph can be quite a handful and we've been married for almost 10 years. No kiddos have blessed our little family, but we have two delightful little dogs who like to dig in the garbage when we are not looking.

My favorite cocktail is a vodka tonic. Easy on the tonic, heavy on the vodka.

I cannot write unless I have my lipstick on. Somehow that just makes me feel more professional.

I am currently in chats with an agent. Now, I know how Mary Ann feels about agents, but I think I need one. Desperately. The world needs Literotica!

I do believe that writing romance and erotica can be trickier than most people think. Yes. You need a plot. Heaving bosoms and naked members only go so far. And isn't that how it is in real life, too?

I look forward to chatting with you more on Fridays! In the meantime, you can reach me at esmaebrowder25@gmail.com or drop by my website: Esmae Browder. com.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment